Conversion of indoor air into fresh air is not the only value that j.air offers. We developed j.air as a product that can be fused into lifestyles with its sophisticated design and quality with ease or maintenance.
“Good air” proudly delivered by j.air is not visible, but the values it offers will be expressed by vivid living of its users.
- Easy Maintenance
- With no filter/fan, cleaning of the slit part on which pollutants will be accumulated on ion electrodes is the only maintenance work required.As it is made of titanium, the plate is not prone to deteriorate through repeated cleaning and use and this reduces the product’s total cost of ownership.
- Compact and Quiet Design
No Need for Filters and Fans
The miniature profile of this product is made possible by its proprietary system design.
It is also quiet enough to be comfortably used during sleep time.
- Energy Saving
- As it does not require energy sources such as a motor and fans, its monthly energy consumption is as low as about 80 JPY thanks to the energy-saving design.
With its proprietary ion electrodes, j.air generates a large amount of highly-concentrated negative ions, which actively capture airborne dust particles, bacteria, and odorous substances to produce fresh air. It offers high levels of dust removal, sterilization, and deodorization features.
Through chemical decomposition by a large amount of negative ions, airborne dust particles, allergens such as pollen, PM2.5, and other harmful micro particles at a scale of 0.001 micron are actively collected.
Floating dust particles are negatively charged by negative ions.
As floor surface and walls are positively charged, negatively-charged dust will stick to the floor and walls.
Negatively-charged dust particles once sticking to floor/wall surfaces will not soar up again while j.air is being in operation.
Floating bacteria, adhesive bacteria, Staphylococcus aureus, mold fungus, formaldehyde, and other bacteria will be sterilized in a short period of time.
The combined use of negative ions and ozone is now known to have a 10 times greater sterilizing effect than when they are used separately.
- Sterilization of food-poisoning bacteria
- Sterilization of E coli, Bacillus cereus, salmonella, and Vibrio parahaemolyticus, etc.
- Sterilization of influenza virus
j.air has sterilizing effects on viruses that cause cold and flu. Generated ozone suppresses airborne viral growth.
It is also effective against novel influenza viruses, and is proven to in activate H1N1-type influenza virus.
- Prevention of hospital infections
- Sterilization of Staphylococcus aureus such as MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus)
- O-157 and SARS
Ozone is capable of sterilizing airborne floating bacteria and falling bacteria.
Accordingly, it is expected to have preventive and sterilizing effect against O-157 and SARS virus infections.
- Fungicidal Property
Ozone’s strong fungicidal and sterilizing effect also kills fungi on floor, wall, and bathroom surfaces.
It also reduces accumulation of slimy and darkened substances.
Unlike general deodorants that conceal unfavorable odors with different odors, ozone exercises it deodorizing effect by decomposing sources of bad smell by strong oxidative power of ozone.
- Bad organic smells from toilet, fungi, human body, tobacco, and new building materials, etc. can be decomposed, resulting in the deodorization effect. Among all, the most unfavored toilet smells are composed of ammonia, hydrogen sulphide, methyl mercaptan, and trimethylamine, etc. These offensive odor substances quickly react to oxygen atoms, so they are decomposed by ozone’s strong oxidative power at the molecular level, which eliminates bad odors. It also removes odors absorbed into walls, ceiling, floor, curtain, and cushion, etc.
- Sick building syndrome
- Harmful formaldehyde (formalin), which can cause sick building syndrome, is decomposed by ozone into formic acid and oxygen. Formic acid is a stimulating substance but can be further oxidized by ozone and turn to carbonic acid. Therefore, it is also effective against formaldehyde besides its deodorizing effect.
Thanks to a proprietary purification system without need for filters and fans, j.air is built into a much smaller enclosure than with large-capacity air purifiers despite its power to purify a large space. Its modesty presence can also be matched with any interiors.
As j.air requires no filter replacement but minimal maintenance efforts to maintain its effects. The electrode plate can be removed and washed like a dish plate. Use the supplied brush to remove dust accumulated over the needle-type electrode as follows. *No components of this product (e.g. filters and electrodes) are consumables that needs to be replaced periodically.
Do you know that indoor air is nearly 10 times more polluted than outdoor air? This movie illustrates three beneficial effects that j.air’s proprietary ion electrodes bring to a space.
“Thanks to much smaller profile of j.air compared with generic air purifiers, it can fit into any space and is also easy to transport.” Serving people in various spaces, j.air is well received with sayings such as “Its warm wooden design can be matched with the atmosphere!”
- Kirin City Shinjuku East Exit Store
- Okuyugawara Yui
- Fukuronohiroba nagahashichou
- Fukuronohiroba nagahashichou
- Japan Maritime Self Defence Force
- Area capacity
- 7㎡-45㎡ (depending on conditions)
- Dust removal system
- Electric discharge
- Corona discharge
- Negative ion count
- 10 million/cc
- Ozone level
- 0.03ppm (below environmental value)
- Power supply and voltage
- 100-240VAC; 50/60Hz
- Energy consumption
- 125mm (H) x 125mm (W) x 125mm (D) (1300g)
- Unit materials
- Titanium (ion electrode) and stainless steel
- Cover material